Not content, what feeble mind,
scribbled these abominations,
tear all and start afresh to find,
worthy words without incriminations;
yet my efforts leave me with distaste,
a bitter flavour to match a bitter soul,
spent valued time and effort, what a waste,
to create one true beauty my stated goal;
It isn’t that I am being strict and choosy,
beauty I find in her and her verses intangible,
why the muse that visits all like a floozy,
refuse me that my words tame and illegible;
the verses flow unasked, uncontrolled and fast,
my days are not over and I shall triumph at last.
Kittu and Bittu were in the office of the boss of the call centre and along with them was another employee Shyam. Shyam was in a tie and formals while Kittu and Bittu were in plain clothes.
The boss said, “Look at Shyam. Don’t dress for the job you have but for the job you want to have.”
The next day Kittu and Bittu came wearing only briefs for they wanted to be lifeguards in the next job.
Kittu and Bittu went to a textile shop.
The Shop keeper rushed to serve them.
Bittu pointed the mannequin by the door and asked how much was that piece worth.
The shopkeeper replied “Those clothes cost 5600 Rs”.
Kittu said, “That is too steep how much for the doll alone without the clothes.”
Love and women are like candies and kids, they never have their fill.
Love and men are like dust and carpet, it never goes away, though they wish it did.
“Sorry, I don’t have time”, is a phrase often heard. Wives are used to hearing it.
“Why don’t we take an early morning stroll”. “Sorry no time, breakfast meeting”.
“Coming for the kid’s play”.
“Sorry, no time, got work”
“Can we go out as a family”
“Got a report to finish. No time. After all it is for us that I am working hard.”
Once when a couple was returning from the coffee shop, both didn’t have watches and the husband wanted to know if the match on the television had begun.
He asked a passerby “Can you tell the time, please.”
The man replied “Sorry, I am in a hurry”, and walked away swiftly.
The wife couldn’t stop laughing and kept saying, there is god.
So take time for the one important aspect in life, People.
11. “My niece showed a quote saying ‘I am not Bossy, I just know what things you should do’, It made me decide to stay put in my job, for whoever it may be that calls the shots, if in the end, they add smiles to the nieces in the world; then my job is a worthy calling.”
12. ” They said matches are made in heaven but I realized lately that they are made in Sivakasi and despite this knowledge I am looking for my match”.
13. “Beggars can’t be choosers is true on most days but all choosers come past a day of begging and all beggars have a day of choosing. Somewhere along the way you stick to your choices and that is reality”
14. “The problem with me is extremes, I either love myself too deeply, so as not to love anyone else, or love others too deeply, so as not to love myself”
15. “The World is a place for love and affection say some and live that way,they find solace; the world is a place of selfish fun and joy and find pain, as society doesn’t allow peace for such folks; the truly wise say the first thing and do the second and have fun forever”
In my 1st English class at college, the madam said in my native tongue; speaking English is easy, there is a magic word ‘pardon’ that when said will make the speaker explain more clearly. She switched back to English and the whole class nodded.
‘Pardon’, I said.
‘Oh, you are a quick wit, aren’t you, you catch on quickly’ , she said.
‘Pardon’, I said.
‘Oh, come on’ she said.
And what did I say ‘Pardon’, I said.
‘This isn’t funny anymore’ she said and would have expelled me.
The students said in unison ‘Ma’m he really doesn’t know English. May be Pardon is the 1st word he learnt’.
Madam just said ‘I guess then there are no magical solutions then’.
….. More jokes on the way, promise they’ll get funny and some day you might just roll hysterically with laughter…..