1. Betterment is a bitter mint.
2. Dilli chalo ya mumbai, bus chalo befikar.
3. Accept defeat, but never concede it.
4. Better be whatever you are now rather than bowing to the unknown in hope of achieving your deepest ambition. For those who say bow down never know the meaning of ambition or courage. For ambitions are truly achieved only when done without ever bowing once.
5. There are phases in everyone’s life where the things they take for granted are put under threat. It means there is a change around the corner. To embrace it or fight it is left to each man himself.
6. Ud ud meri yaaro na mud mud yaaro, duniya dekhi saari par ab hai theri baari.
7. Take at least half measures to meet change when it is around the corner.
8. Hiding behind words like realistic, pragmatical etc is to climb high in this corrupt world is fine but at last one has to live with his conscience.
As I was reading Che Guevara’s motor cycle diaries I came across a poem by Otero Silva, that reflects my state of mind. That was an era when such people were common. Today such folks would be branded idiots and shunned down upon. Below the poem.
I heard splashing on the boat
her bare feet
And sensed in our faces
the hungry dusk
My heart swaying between her
and the street, the road
I don’t know where I found the strength
to free myself from her eyes
to slip from her arms
She stayed, crying through rain and glass
clouded with grief and tears
she stayed, unable to cry
Wait I will come
walking with you.
I ain’t a failure,
you live in this world,
intrigued by its lure,
I just got no hold;
I live light years away,
yet you’re my neighbor,
I need your love and labour,
for where I live, easily led astray;
I thought I got talent,
so I was never prudent,
saw everyone’s talent,
gush in awesome torrent;
seeing minds more potent,
lost heart, though never lament,
happy to see, happy to savor,
their fine wisdom and fresh flavor;
I grapple with the within I,
yet still hold Ayn Rand high,
my cause, opposite, yet still pure,
never dare me, vilest failure;
for I call for death and defy life’s succour,
shall bring change to all with Che’s vigour.